What We Believe
- The Bible is true. The Bible is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and how we live. (2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:15-16)
- God has always existed. He exists in three persons Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We call this the “Trinity.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)
- God created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is in it.(Genesis 1:27) He designed us to be in a relationship with Him. He lovingly designed life and we should obey His instructions for life.(Matthew 5:48)
- Our sin (disobedience) corrupted His perfect design and destroyed our relationship with Him. This means that we deserve God’s punishment: eternal death (Hell).
- God defeated our sin. Despite our sinning against Him, God lovingly provided His Son, Jesus Christ to take away our punishment. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh (in a Man). His virgin birth, His sinless human life and His divine miracles proved his identity.(Luke 1:34-35) He had no sin of His own. Yet, He died in our place to pay for our sins. (1 Peter 3:18, Romans 5:8-9) He came back to life, showing His power over death. He ascended into Heaven and is there, alive now. (Philippians 2:6-11, Acts 2:24)
- We are saved from eternal death (Hell) by believing in Jesus Christ and in His work on the cross. We can’t earn salvation because we all have sinned. (Romans 3:23) Jesus does the work. (Titus 3:4–7)
- God Provides His Holy Spirit to live in the believer. This empowers us to live a holy life, to witness and work for God. (John 14:15–18, Acts 1:8)
- The real Church consists of all true believers in Jesus Christ. This is not necessarily those who “go to church” on Sunday.
- We look forward to God making all things right. This is true hope.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth to finally make things right and to establish His Kingdom. (Matthew 26:64, Hebrews 10:37, Luke 21:27)
- God will re-create the Heavens and the Earth.
- Everyone will be resurrected. (1 Corinthians 15: 20-26, John 5:28–29)
- The saved (people who believe in Jesus Christ) will be restored and live in God’s presence in the New Heavens and New Earth. (Revelation 21:1–4)
- Those who don’t believe will exist in eternal punishment. (Revelation 21:8)
A more detailed statement of belief is on our denomination’s (the Christian and Missionary Alliance) website at this link.