We look to the Bible to guide us in how we live as a church.
Our Purpose (Why did God put us here?): To honor and glorify God.
- Revelation 4:11- Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. The Mission (What should we be doing?): To make Jesus known (John 17:23) in this world in order to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19).
Our working vision (How do we see this working?): We aspire to worship and glorify God through our service as a committed community of believers who are humbly growing together. We want to be God’s instrument to connect people (bridge divisions) through prayer, action, and relationships. This provides the opportunity to share grace and truth so that people can meet Jesus:
- Pray: Prayer is God’s prescribed way for us to be part of His process to accomplish His will. (Philippians 4:6). This includes exalting Him, thanking Him and asking Him to take care of us and others (Matthew 6:9- 13).
- Act: We are saved for (not by) good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Whatever we think, say, or do, we want it to be pleasing to God. This is how people see us exalting Him.
- Relate: We want to be a place that encourages a relationship with God and where life can be shared together.
- God wants a relationship with us. That’s why He sent His Son to die for us. He’s given us, prayer and studying the Bible as the main way for us to continually deepen our relationship with Him. In addition to dedicated worship time, we desire an integrated network of regular Bible study and prayer congregationally, in small groups, and individually that involves all generations.
- God wants us to have reconciled relationships with each other in fellowship, friendship,and love. (Romans 5:10. Galatians 6:2, Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 18:15-17).
- Share: Through praying, acting and relating to God and each other we endeavor to be equipped to understand and use our God-given gifts (2 Tim 3:16-17, 1 Cor 12:27-30) in the Great Commission as witnesses (Acts 1:8) in action and word in our community. In this way, we want to demonstrate (and enjoy) the relevance of the Bible to every aspect of life and share the grace and truth contained in its pages.