Archive for June, 2015
Marriage, the way God intended it to be, is a true art form. That’s why for more than 35 years, FamilyLife has been helping couples understand God’s plan for relationships. The Art of Marriage weaves together expert teaching, real-life stories, humorous vignettes, and more to portray both the challenges and the beauty of God’s design.
In The Art of Marriage, over 40 ministry leaders provide the biblically centered teaching while couples who have struggled in marriage openly and honestly share their stories of pain, loss, forgiveness and grace.
Testimonies of participants attest The Art of Marriage has transformed the lives and marriages of countless couples. In fact, since The Art of Marriage released in 2011, more than 500,000 have participated in the event or series, with 97% saying they would recommend it to other couples.
Six Dynamic Sessions
Your marriage and the marriages around you are colored by personalities, passions, and experience. Making marriage work is a divinely inspired art form.
For more than three decades, FamilyLife® has been helping couples understand God’s plan for relationships. In The Art of Marriage, we weave together expert teaching, engaging stories, man-on-the street interviews, humorous vignettes, and more to portray both the challenges and the beauty of God’s design. Here’s what we’ll be covering;
Session 1: Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)-July 31-7pm
- God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
- The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
- It is important to receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Session 2: Love Fades (Drift to Isolation)-July 31-8:15pm
- Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
- Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
- Sin has affected every marriage.
- The gospel brings healing and reconciliation.
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage.
Session 3: Love Dances (Roles)-August 1-9am
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage.
- Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value.
- God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Session 4: Love Interrupted (Communication)-August 1-11am
- Conflict is common to all marriages.
- The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
- Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
LUNCH DATE: Lunch is on your own and we encourage you to make it a date with your spouse (there is an activity from the morning sessions to complete as well). Kiddos lunch is included with paid childcare.
Session 5: Love Sizzles (Romance and Sex)-August 1-1:30pm
- God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of sex is to bring pleasure and glory to God.
Session 6: Love Always (Legacy)-August 1-3pm
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.
Cost is $45 per couple for the 2 day workshop and the deadline to sign up is July 19.
Childcare is available for $10/child or $20/family (covers both days).
Thanks to Holiday Inn Express, one lucky couple at the workshop will win gift certificate good for a one-night stay at the Watertown location!
Sign up today by calling (605)878-1000 or emailing Becky at email@example.com.